Online learning has exploded in popularity in the last year, which is fantastic news for parents who want to supplement their kid’s education from the comfort of their own homes. Parents and guardians are looking for online tutors for their K-12 children more than ever before, especially as more students are participating in distance learning. One-on-one tutoring is a tried-and-true way to help students succeed in school, whether they need extra help with math homework or a boost in reading comprehension. However, what are the advantages of online tutoring for children, plus how does it work? Let’s talk about it:
What is the procedure for online tutoring?
You can search for tutors by subject on sites like ICE Education, watch tutor introduction videos, and schedule a free trial lesson to see if the tutor is a good fit for your child. Once you’ve found the right tutor, all you have to do is pay securely via balance top-up, schedule lessons, and enter the virtual classroom on-site to video chat with your tutor at the time you’ve scheduled.
What criteria did we use to choose the best online tutoring services?
Not all online tutoring services are the same, and not all of them will meet your child’s unique requirements. There is an almost infinite number of programs available on the internet, and no single set of guidelines exists. Parents, on the other hand, have a lot of criteria to work with. It is how we assessed the tutoring programs in this guide:
- Do the tutors have a degree in their field and a background in education? It’s critical to look for qualified tutors who have a degree in their field and a background in education.
- Is there a contract: Companies should provide parents with a contract outlining their expectations, and they should follow all applicable online privacy laws for children.
- Does the program provide shorter tutoring sessions? Two-hour sessions are uncommon — as they should be — because they push students to their limits. Breaks for physical movement should be included in sessions, especially for young children.
- Is the tutoring approach holistic and transparent? A good tutoring program considers the entire student, not just their grades or test scores. Look for services that pre-screen children and purposefully pair them with tutors based on their expertise and personality.
Let us look at some of the advantages of online tutoring:
Benefits of online tutoring:
- Boost school confidence: Students who are struggling in school may lose confidence, which can affect their performance and personal relationships. Having a tutor assist them in staying on track with their studies means less stress and more confidence at school for your child.
- Boost academic performance: Online tutoring is the single most effective way to help your child improve his or her academic performance. According to studies, the combination of personalized support and targeted understanding development that online tutoring programs for kids provide can significantly improve school performance.
- Save time: You won’t have to drive to or from your lessons with online tutoring. If your typical school or study commute is 30 minutes — especially during peak after-school hours — you’ll save an hour per lesson.
- An affordable alternative to tutoring centers: Online tutoring is 30–40% less expensive than tutoring center lessons or home visits. An hour-long chapter with an online math tutor for kids costs between $40 and $70, while a home visit math tutoring lesson costs between $60 and $90 per hour.
There’s never been a better time to start looking for an online tutor for middle school or elementary students! Come to ICE Education today to help your child prepare for a brighter future.
0 responses on "Your Ultimate Guide to Online Tutoring for Kids"